Getting to Port Rhu in Douarnenez by public transport
- Take the Plymouth to Roscoff Ferry approx £35 single foot passenger http://www.brittany-ferries.co.uk/
- http://www.rome2rio.com/s/Roscoff/Douarnenez for trains and buses to Douarnenez, it does take a while as you have to change twice and wait in Roscoff for a while after arriving on the ferry but it works and is not expensive. We advise not to plan to do this journey on a Sunday.
- Getting a taxi is an easy option and makes sense financially if there is a group. It is a 1.5 hr taxi journey. If you would like to find out if other crew are on your ferry and are interested in combining a taxi fare then email Freya and she can liaise amongst the group and recommend a taxi company. email@example.com
- Travel on the Eurostar from London to Paris. Train from Paris to Quimper and half an hour bus from Quimper to Douarnenez.
- Fly from London City Airport to Quimper then bus to Douarnenez ( although we do not encourage flying)
- B & B/Chambres d’hotes our recommendation in Douarnenez http://www.pour-les-vacances.com/site-9780/
- Some of our crew bike one way and sail the other. Roscoff to Douarnenez is 97 km via the D75. We stow your bikes under the cover in the rowing gigs on deck.
Getting to Belem Pontoon in Nantes by public transport
Fly to Nantes airport search online for the best deal. Looks like you can fly from Bristol, Liverpool and London. http://www.flybe.com/cheap-flights/nantes/ http://www.easyjet.com/en/cheap-flights/france/nantes
Get the ferry from Plymouth to Roscoff approx £35 per person as foot passenger http://www.brittany-ferries.co.uk/ then train from Roscoff to Nantes for approx £45 http://www.rome2rio.com/s/Roscoff/Nantes