At Grayhound Lugger Sailing, we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy explains when and why we ask for your personal information, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure. We only use the information we collect about you carefully, lawfully and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
What Information do we collect from you?
- We collect personal identifiable information from you such as a name and email address for our e-newsletter.
- For Booking, when you apply for a voyage, Grayhound Lugger Sailing will need to assess your suitability for the trip before confirming your booking place to ensure your health and safety.
- We do not collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 18 years unless it has been provided by the parent or legal guardian for the purposes of joining one of our vessels for a voyage.
- Completing a Voyage Application Form on behalf of another individual. o If you are completing a booking on behalf of another person (Third party personal and sensitive data) you confirm that they consent to the processing of their personal data and that you have informed them of our identity and the purposes for which the data will be processed.
We may need some or all of the following information depending on the type of trip you are wishing to book in order to fulfil the contract or service of the product you have booked.
- Personal contact information to communicate with you about your trip by email, phone or by post.
- Date of birth – to ensure the trip you have booked is appropriate for your age
- Dietary requirements – to help the ship’s cook provide for your needs!
- Emergency contact or next of kin contact details –to get in touch with someone ashore in case of an emergency during your voyage.
- Any pertinent medical information that might affect your – Form of appropriate identification relevant to the trip you have booked.
We are required to collect the relevant sensitive data about you for the purposes of booking a voyage. If you do not provide us with this information when applying for your voyage, it may mean we will not be able to proceed with your booking.
How we collect your personal information.
You can provide us with the personal and sensitive information we need through a variety of different methods including:
- Directly through our website by completing a form, this could be for booking voyages, sending voyage feedback, subscribing to our mailing list, entering a competition, survey or promotion.
- By email or over the phone
Why we Need it
We require the personal and sometimes sensitive information in order to process your booking and confirm your voyage reservation. The Skipper is responsible for your safety during your trip, accuracy of this information is therefore of high importance. We do not collect any personal information which we do not need, any of the details which we collect will be relevant for the voyage you are booking.
How we use this information:
You will receive marketing communication from us if you have:
- Requested information from us or purchased a voyage, gift voucher, or product from us.
- If you have subscribed to our e-newsletters and ticked the box to consent.
- In both instances, not opted out of receiving that marketing.
Personal and Sensitive Information
- Grayhound Lugger Sailing will use the personal information provided to assess your suitability for the voyage you have applied to sail on.
- Grayhound Lugger Sailing will not share this information with any third party.
- The Skipper for the voyage you have booked is responsible for your safety during your trip and will safely and securely store your personal information.
We always ensure that your personal and sensitive information is kept secure and only kept for as long as necessary for the purpose for which they are used. We will retain your information for as long as needed to provide you with the services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
You can find out about any information we hold about you by making a ‘right of access’ request under the General Data Protection Regulations. If we hold any information about you we will tell you why we hold it, who it has been/will be disclosed to and provide you with a copy of the information in a portable format. You have the right for the data to be updated or erased, or it’s processing restricted. You will not be subject to automated decision making and if you have any concerns over any way in which we handle your data then please do get in touch with us.
We will notify you if there was a breach of your personal information.